Friday, February 6, 2009

River Styx Dog Hike


Friday morning at sunrise finds me at River Styx Park with friends Dean, John and our dogs for a long hike and then a big breakfast (unfortunately, the cafe doesn't admit our dogs and they have to be dropped at home). Here are myself, Casey, Jack and Dean in a shot by John. The temp that morning was just above zero, I think, and NE Ohio looks like it could be the tundra.

I just received Roy Wallack's new book, Run for Life, which is a followup to Bike for Life which he co-authored with Bill Katovsky. I'll review them both in the next few days. Besides motivational material and interviews with exceptional age-group athletes, Roy is really up on some of the cutting edge fitness science and I'll try and summarize some of that in my review.

No comments: